Nail painting is an art that needs to be perfected if you are keen on displaying beautiful nails. Here are a few essential tips on painting your nails to perfection. If you are interested in purchasing the best electric nail drill, you should buy an electric nail drill here.
- Applying nail polish perfectly just requires you to apply three strokes. Get a bead of polish at the edge of the brush after dipping the same into the nail polish. Skilfully guide the polish to the right areas applying even pressure. Stroke the brush in both directions starting at the base of the nail before finishing at the centre.
- After applying the polish, you can carefully clean the edges of your nail using an old lip brush. As you clean the beautifully painted nails, be very careful and precise. Clean up the edges by swiping the old lip brush dipped in nail polish remover around the nail bed.
- It is imperative to always use a good quality base coat before applying the nail polish. This will ensure that the polish you apply stays on for a long time and the pigmented paint does not stain your nails.
- To avoid drying out of your nails, refrain from using the quick dry nail polish. This type of nail polish dehydrates your nails leaving them lustreless.
- If you are in the habit of keeping up with the latest fashion trends, you must know that white nail polish is the craze right now. To ensure that the white nail paint you choose is not too streaky or sheer, find one that is thick and creamy. Find out if the white polish is pigmented enough by testing it against the inside portion of the lid.
- After you finish your nail painting job, be sure to hold your fingers under cold water. You can even dip your nails in ice water to help them dry faster.
- Popping neon polish is in vogue and this effect can be achieved by applying a first coat of opaque nude shade or white polish. This will make the sheer neon polish look thicker.
- Using cuticle oil is the best way to make your nails look gorgeous. Cuticle oil keeps nails hydrated if applied after painting the nails.
- It is a good idea storing nail polish bottles in your refrigerator. This will ensure that the formula is long lasting and there is no change in the thickness, especially in humid and hot areas.
- As you apply the nail polish, ensure that the coat is thin. As compared to applying two or three sloppy layers, it is a good idea applying three thin coats.
- Nail polish must never be shaken before applying. Hold the polish vertically and roll the bottle back and forth to ensure there are no air bubbles in the lacquer.
- Use a good quality thinner to make thick polish thinner. Thinners are available at any local beauty store and adding a few drops is the best way to get the right consistency.
- After you apply the nail polish, never expose your hands to hot water immediately as this will cause expansion of the nail bed. Nail polish will then rack as it will expand along with your nail bed.
- As compared to regular nail polish formulas, glitter nail polish lasts for a longer time and also offers a unique, shimmery appearance.
- To ensure there is no chipping as you type or hit keys on your computer constantly, swipe the tip of your nail as you apply the polish
- Last but not the least; choose your nail polish with great care. To eliminate any long term health concerns, choose formulas labelled such as free of toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyle phthalate or DBP.
Keep these few tips in mind to make sure your nails look amazing each time you paint them with the best nail polish brands.